Looking for ORACLE7/AUX users and/or next dbkit users

From: Mike Bray <mrb_at_earth.wustl.edu>
Date: 9 Nov 1993 22:36:09 GMT

We have an "in-house mission critical custom app" based on the NeXT dbkit and oracle version 6 running on a motorola turbo color nextstation with NS3.0.

I am porting the database over to ORACLE7 running under A/UX 3.0.2 on an Apple workgroup server 95.

I'd like to know who else out there is using Oracle7 under A/UX.

Also, on the NeXT side, who is using the dbkit to talk to a V7 server? What version of nextstep? (3.0, 3.1, 3.2?) Simply changing the connect string in the app to point to the new server appeared to work, but there is some flakey stuff going on with fetching columns with nulls in them. I haven't tracked it down yet, and next wants $200/hr to tell me if it's their bug or not.

The app is running under 3.0. I'm going to try it under 3.1 next and see what happens.

Thanks,
Mike Bray
mrb_at_earth.wustl.edu
307-332-1279 Received on Tue Nov 09 1993 - 23:36:09 CET

Original text of this message