Re: O.Financials ported to PC's?

From: Dagmar A. Bogan <dagmar_at_indian.mitre.org>
Date: 8 Nov 1993 13:00:46 GMT

I am no Financials expert, and frankly, ORACLE seems to be changing their mind about this product with fair frequency, so this info may no longer be accurate.

Financials seems to be very confusing, if for no other reason then there are so many pieces to it. I beleive that it is being touted as client-server, but the reality is that in most cases, the Mac or PC is doing dumb terminal emulation. However, there is a Financials -compatible product that runs on a PC called Business Manager (which I believe ORACLE is going to abandon before its in production).

Also, Financials 9.3 comes in two flavors: V6 with "impure" 2.3 forms, or V7 with "impure" 2.3 forms without any V7 enhancements...you have to wait for Release 10 (sometime next year...the exact quote I have from ORACLE is "after the snow has melted) for a fully-functional V7 engine, but it will still be running 2.3 forms.

If you have any questions, you can call me at the number below.

The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of The MITRE Corporation.

Dagmar Anne Bogan                     *
Software Engineering Center           *
The MITRE Corporation                 * phone: 703.883.6093
M/S Z676                              * fax:   703.883.6991
7525 Colshire Drive                   * email: dagmar_at_indian.mitre.org
McLean, Virginia  22102-3481          *