Disaster Recovery

From: Denis Langlais <ag831_at_Freenet.carleton.ca>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1993 03:40:39 GMT

I am responsible for an Oracle version 6.0.36 running on a NCR box. We have a disaster recovery machine (an HP) which we are using to shadow or keep up to date with the NCR box. The database has 2 big tables which are updated every day, they comprise 2 of the 3 Gigs that the data currently has. The NCR box uses raw disks the HP a unix filesystem. We do full hot backups every day and full exports.

Can anyone suggest the best way to do this? Will backup and recover work between 2 different machines as a method of keeping in sync or do I have to stick with a full export/import?

You can email or post a reply. Received on Mon Nov 08 1993 - 04:40:39 CET

Original text of this message