help linking C & Clipper

From: watt wing sang <wswatt1_at_ie.cuhk.hk>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1993 06:21:25 GMT

Hello,

I'm currently writing a C program which passes data(array) to a Clipper subroutine for processing, after the result is passed back to the C's main().

As I'm a new to Clipper ( My book didn't help, it's just the type of book like Clipper's ABC :~ ), I wonder if the experts out there could ans the following:

  1. how could I forward data ( pass by value & pass by reference ) to the Clipper function for processing & how do I get the processed data back ?

   could someone pls kindly illustrate with example(s) ( one C program    passing C datatypes like: int, long int, pointer, array etc. TO    another Clipper function which transforms the C prototype into    Clipper's internal stack like logical, numeric etc. After processing    the Clipper function should return changes to the C's main )?

2) how could I do the another way round ( passing stuff from Clipper

   to C & get them back )?

3) any book to recommend ( My book just tell me to use extend.h, _par*(),

   _stori() etc. but I NEED EXAMPLES to facilitate understanding, not    just trial & error. Please help ! :~ )

Your advice/help is very much appreciated. Please email ( fast! ) answer(s) to the address: wswatt1_at_ie.cuhk.hk

Thanks in advance.
Yours,
Vincent.     Received on Sat Nov 06 1993 - 07:21:25 CET

Original text of this message