Re: Report Writers

From: Fred Schulz <chee77_at_xrd.chee.uh.edu>
Date: 5 Nov 1993 18:17 CST

In article <1993Nov5.213644.29166_at_xrxedds.com>, tee_at_elvis.xrxedds.com writes...
>We are in the process of evaluating Report Writers for use with Oracle.
>We have looked at several packages to include Oracle Reports & IQ Query & Access.
>
>I think Windows is our platform of choice at this time.... Has anyone had any
>experience with either and/or have you tried any others on the market that
>you find acceptable
>
>Thanks for any thoughts.. Teri

I like ReportSmith. It has a couple limitations such as:

	no variable height rows (for long text fields)
	doesn't page break quite right

Otherwise, it is really easy to create reports. If you don't have long text fields, it will probably work well for you. They have a special advertised in Oracle Magazine for $139 for your first copy. call 800-446-3446 x500.

Also, They have a runtime version for no charge, whcih means you only have to buy copies for your developers.

Fred Schulz Received on Sat Nov 06 1993 - 01:17:00 CET

Original text of this message