Re: v6/v7 differences - let's share the undocumented ones

From: Geoff Coleman <geoff_at_ugc.uucp>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1993 02:49:44 GMT

In article <2b7ci6$qql_at_access.digex.net> mstein_at_access.digex.net (Michael P. Stein) writes:

> The two undocumented differences I have found (Oracle 7.0.12, HP-UX):
>
> - The outer join operator can no longer appear in an OR clause or the IN
>operator; there is a new error message (ORA-01719) specifically rejecting such
>statements. Example:
>
> select ... from t1, t2
> where t1.foo = t2.foo (+)
> or t1.foo = t2.bar (+)
>
>worked in v6 but gives an error on line 3 in v7. Workaround:

        But did it work in V6? If this is the problem I'm thinking of it is documented as no longer working and if you find the section in the manual it also says that in V6 this case was ignored and no error returned (ie. it ignored the second outer join.

        At least now they tell you it is wrong :-).

Geoff Coleman Received on Fri Nov 05 1993 - 03:49:44 CET

Original text of this message