Data compression available for Oracle dbs?

From: PETE SILVESTRE <psilvestre_at_lando.hns.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1993 17:47:00 GMT

Does Oracle7 or any 3rd-party packages support data compression for an Oracle database? We have a lot of repetitive data that compresses very nicely in a single flat file that we would like to migrate to Oracle but losing the data compression would be a big hit. The data doesnt lend itself to reduction by restructuring it into multiple tables. Any pointers would be appreciated...

Pete Silvestre
Hughes Network Systems

PS: This will be Oracle7 under Windows NT if it matters... Received on Thu Nov 04 1993 - 18:47:00 CET

Original text of this message