Restrictions with ORACLE6033 on 88Open systems

From: dlima <an42433_at_anon.penet.fi>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1993 08:17:23 UTC

I recently had a problem with >2 Gig database files on a DG Aviion. I later found that 88Open systems support a maximum filesize of exactly 2Gig - 32bits for max offset. I wondered if anyone was aware of any related "restrictions" with ORACLE 6.0.33 or later on 88Open systems such as:

  1. maximum number of datafiles
  2. maximum number of extents per object/segment
  3. maximum number of users
  4. whether log archiving to tape directly is upported
  5. maximum number of semaphore sets
  6. maximum number of shared memory segments

and so on.

Would any sysadmin or DBA of such systems be able to help me out. The Release Notes that accompany the IUG don't suggest any such limits.

To find out more about the anon service, send mail to help_at_anon.penet.fi. Due to the double-blind, any mail replies to this message will be anonymized, and an anonymous id will be allocated automatically. You have been warned. Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to admin_at_anon.penet.fi. Received on Thu Nov 04 1993 - 09:17:23 CET

Original text of this message