Re: Oracle Support?

From: <gerrit_at_vtm.be>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1993 15:42:14 GMT

In article <CFtqqD.12yM_at_austin.ibm.com> woan_at_austin.ibm.com writes:

>I am just curious, how do folks find out about new Oracle releases for
>their platform after they have already purchased the product? Does
>your Oracle salesperson call them up, do they auto ship you
>incremental releases?
>
>They don't seem to send or notify us of anything until we call them up
>to specifically ask...
>--
>+------All Views Expressed Are My Own And Not Necessarily Shared By IBM-----+
>+ Ronald S. Woan (IBM VNET)WOAN AT AUSTIN, woan_at_exeter.austin.ibm.com +
>+ outside of IBM woan_at_austin.ibm.com or woan_at_cactus.org or r.woan_at_ieee.org +
>+ others woan_at_soda.berkeley.edu Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +

The same here in Belgium and of course if you have a problem which is fixed in a more newer version of Oracle they also tell you it is fixed and they ask the shipper to provide you the latest version.

I think it would not be a bad idea to have some announcements of newer versions of Oracle on the net accompanied by a "What's new, changed, fixed in this release"

--
Gerrit Cap
Vlaamse Televisie Maatschappij N.V.		e-mail :   gerrit_at_vtm.be