Re: core dump in Pro*C

From: Bjorn Engsig <bengsig_at_dk.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1993 15:32:30 GMT

Article <1993Nov1.150709.591_at_tybrin.com> by carey_at_tybrin.com (Joseph Carey) says:
|We are getting core dumps when we run a Pro*C program with a global
|int variable 'stat' declared.
|
|The variable name 'stat' is not documented as reserved. Has anyone else
|come across this problem?
There is a system call named stat(), which is most likely replaced by your stat variable. When the stat() call is executed, it will then attempt to execute your variable, which has the effect you mention. You'll have to rename your variable. This is, BTW, not specific to Oracle; any C program where stat() is called and is a variable at the same time will behave like this.

--
Disclaimer:  Although I work for ORACLE, I am sending this only in my technical
	     interest to help others on The Net.  All opinions are my own.