Re: core dump in Pro*C

From: William Kaufman <wkaufman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 2 Nov 93 16:59:16 GMT

In article <1993Nov1.150709.591_at_tybrin.com> carey_at_tybrin.com (Joseph Carey) writes:
] We are getting core dumps when we run a Pro*C program with a global
] int variable 'stat' declared.

    This isn't actually Pro*C's problem, but your own C compiler.

    "stat" is a system call on Unix platforms (and many others, too). If you link against the C runtimes, depending on your platform and the specific command line, you may get your version of "stat" or you may get the runtimes' version. It sounds like you're getting the runtimes'.

    If you rename the variable, this problem should go away.

  • Bill K.
Bill Kaufman               | "ENJOY LIFE!
wkaufman_at_us.oracle.com     |           -- Eat out more often."