Forms3 conversion of Spanish punctuation to nonsense??

From: Ray Chance <rchance_at_netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1993 23:43:54 GMT

I have a list of reference values that includes both Spanish and English headings - the users may pick either. In the database table, it is stored correctly and displays correctly in SQL*Plus. However, in Forms when used in a list-of-values, Forms converts the spanish characters with punctuation to a different, english character. Example: in the table I have the values "Tele(with-an-accent)fono - Compan(with-a-tilde)i(with-an-accent)es De". It displays in Forms as "Telifono - Compaqmes De". For clarification, let's drop the punctuation and here's what I have:

In Spanish (no punctuation): Telefono - Companies De

In Forms3.0                :  Telifono - Compaqmes De

Anyone have a clue how I can at worst display the Spanish characters but with no punctuation so at least the letters are correct, or at best display the Spanish correctly??? I'd hate to think (shudder) of writing a translate() statement for every possible Spanish letter.... Received on Tue Nov 02 1993 - 00:43:54 CET

Original text of this message