running oracle 7.0.12 on AIX V.3

From: Jenny Barrett <jbarrett_at_s.psych.uiuc.edu>
Date: 1 Nov 1993 22:52:55 GMT

I have tried without success for weeks to get oracle v.7.0.12 working in the AIX environment. Various people in this newsgroup have been very helpful in pointing out problems with the installation program and we have fixed those problems. But I still get an error message when I try to run sqlplus.

This leads me to wonder whether I am running the program correctly. I have called the Oracle Technical Support people repeatedly but have never gotten an answer to my questions. I would appreciate it if someone would just give a very simple sample session to get one of the demo programs running, including how to bring up the server, etc. since I can't locate it in any of the manuals.

Please e-mail me your response.

Thanks,
Jenny Barrett Received on Mon Nov 01 1993 - 23:52:55 CET

Original text of this message