Re: Oracle to buy Borland?

From: PWPAXTON_at_DELPHI.COM <(PWPAXTON_at_DELPHI.COM)>
Date: 16 Oct 1993 13:26:58 -0400

rczerwon_at_cowan.edu.au (Richard Czerwonka) writes:

>I've just heard that Oracle want to get into the low end database
>market, and that they will either release something called Oracle
>Lite, or buy Borland to get their hands on Paradox. Does anyone
>have any more details about this? (My reference: an article in
>the Australian newspaper, dated 12th October, 1993).

I think WordPerfect is a good candidate for acquiring Borland, although the name "WordPerfect C++" doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth! Ever since it was said often at Comdex last year that Philippe was in trouble, it's been a matter of time before they were acquired... Received on Sat Oct 16 1993 - 18:26:58 CET

Original text of this message