Question: oratab automated startup/shutdown

From: Kimberly M Brooks <kim_at_aethelbehrt.cs.odu.edu>
Date: 15 Oct 1993 13:51:24 GMT

Is there an automatic and orderly way to startup and shutdown ORACLE? We do not have the file called 'oratab' in order to use automated startups/shutdown. Apparently it was a file that had to be installed, and has a special format. None of the books have an example of the format or contents of this file, and I haven't had a whole lot of luck with Oracle as we do not have real tech support.

I would appreciate any help/suggestions. Please send responce to kim_at_cs.odu.edu.

Thank you in advance. Received on Fri Oct 15 1993 - 14:51:24 CET

Original text of this message