Re: Formatting Strings in PL/SQL

From: <hazledine_at_embl-heidelberg.de>
Date: 15 Oct 93 12:00:23 +0100

rvele_at_ctp.com (Raymond Velez) writes:

> I want to format a message string in PL/SQL that will have tabs,
> newlines, etc. How can I insert a newline in any spot that I want.

Use the CHR function with the relevant ASCII number argument (such as 10 for linefeed), as in:

declare
  msg char(80);
begin
  msg := 'Line 1' || chr(10) || 'Line 2' ;   ...
end;

David Hazledine                                                EMBL Data Library
Database Administrator                                                PF 10.2209
EMBL Data Library                                      69012 Heidelberg, Germany

Internet: Hazledine_at_EMBL-Heidelberg.DE