Re: SID Name in Database?

From: David Crowson <zdxc0d_at_amoco.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1993 04:32:17 CDT

In article 8520_at_walter.cray.com, csoderbe_at_garond.cray.com (Curt Soderberg) writes:
-->
-->
-->
-->Oracle Users:
-->
-->
--> Can someone tell me which table in V6 stores to database SID? I've
-->got a user who would like to use this and I can't find it anywhere.
-->

I noticed various other posters say that there isn't a table in V6 that stores the SID . Bullshit is what I say.

Try

select name,value
from v$parameter
where name='db_name';

and you will get your answer (PS v$parameter is owned by SYS=%^)

---
David Crowson           | "For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go.
Oracle DBA (Ver.4,5,6,7)|  I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to
Amoco Exploration       |  move, to get down off this featherbed of civilisation
Ealing, London          |  and to find the globe granite underneath and strewn
"My views not Amoex's"  |  with cutting flints" RLS:Travels with a Donkey