How do I commit a value w/out commit_form?

From: Mark D Johnson <johnsonm_at_cs.scarolina.edu>
Date: 13 Oct 93 00:04:50 GMT

        I am trying to build a form with multiple blocks and I want to have a table that I can have an exclusive lock on it. I want to update the value of the single row in the data table and commit it so that someone else logged in can get the new value. I think the only way I can commit a value is to use commit. But commit performs a commit_form. I only want to commit this value, otherwise when I update it no one else can see the change until the commit_form is performed.

        If anyone knows a solution please email me at mjohnson_at_genesis.psc.scarolina.edu. Received on Wed Oct 13 1993 - 01:04:50 CET

Original text of this message