Re: question on timing an SQL query embedded in a C routine

From: JEFF CHAMBLEE <chamblej_at_author.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: 11 Oct 1993 11:23 -0500

In article <1993Oct11.063836.27715_at_CSD-NewsHost.Stanford.EDU>, agupta_at_Xenon.Stanford.EDU (Ashish Gupta) writes...

>I have a program in C that executes embedded SQL queries on Oracle. Is
>there some way that I can get the time taken by oracle to execute the
>queries.
>
>I am less interested in the time the C routine takes, and more in the
>time the SQL query takes.
>
>Thanks a lot.
>
>Ashish

See the O7 Application Developer's Guide Appendix B "Performance Diagnostic Tools". It tells you about SQL trace & Explain Plan. Received on Mon Oct 11 1993 - 17:23:37 CET

Original text of this message