Form level procedures and functions

From: T.M. Armitage <tma1000_at_cus.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1993 14:06:53 GMT

As a new user to Oracle I have just been getting to grips with forms v3. I can now get a reasonable form application running but I am having a problem with using pl-sql in procedures and functions. I was wondering if some kind soul could send me some examples of their own procedures and functions so that I can learn by example (far easier than reading the manuals :-)).

Specifc questions are :-

  1. Is there a Do CASE command in pl-sql ?
  2. I understand that pl-sql supports the data type BOOLEAN - can I pass a boolean data type back to an on-validate-field trigger ?

TIA Tim Armitage
EPIC - University of Cambridge (UK)

Voice  - +44 223 330595
Fax    - +44 223 330592
email  - tim.armitage_at_mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk