What are best CASE tools

From: Stephen Schow <sjs_at_netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1993 19:00:41 GMT

We are in the process of evaluating some CASE tools. So, what are the best ones which work in conjunction with Oracle. Of course there is Oracle's CASE tool. What are its ups and downs? Are there others which are better?

We need a CASE tool that will allow us to specify data models and other application attributes and then have it generate an application. We are pretty set set on using CDE(ie Forms4.0, Report2.0, etc..), but are always open to suggestions. Client/Server applications with Macintosh, Motif and Windows as the front end(in that order) are what we are headed towards.

We have to turn out applications very quickly(in a few weeks), but their requirements exceed the default master-detail form which you get with SQL*FORMS 3.0. So what are your comments?

I am thinking about attending a CASE class at Oracle, to get a feel for how well their product will work. The implied advantage of Oracle's CASE tool is that it would be fully integrated in the CDE (Cooperative Development Environment).

thanks in advance

Steve Schow | But you don't have to use the claw, if you sjs_at_netcom.com | pick the pear with the big paw paw...... (415) 354-4908 | Have I given you a clue......? | - Baloo the Bear