Re: Getting Triggers to fire - the saga continues.

From: David Crowson <zdxc0d_at_amoco.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1993 08:22:17 CDT

In article 24906_at_amoco.com, zdxc0d_at_amoco.com (David Crowson) writes:
-->In article 23304_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu, holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu (Richard D Holowczak) writes:
-->-->Hi Folks!
-->-->
-->-->A friend of mine "inherited" an application written in
-->-->SQL*Forms 3.0 on Unix. The previous programmer used
-->-->some trigger labled as: "KEY-F5" and "KEY-F6".
-->-->
-->-->No terminal definition I saw has the function codes
-->-->Forms expects to fire these triggers. Anyone know
-->-->what they might be ?
-->-->
-->-->In OraTerm, I say some labeld: Key-0 up to Key-9.
-->-->I'm not sure if these are the same thing or not.
-->-->
-->
--> Try any of the definitions for Sun terminals .
-->In Sqlforms V3.0 Runtime on the Sun F5 is Copy / Show Keys
-->and F6 is Cut / List .
-->
-->If you look in the Oracle for Unix Technical Reference
-->Guide V6.0 (Part-No.6054-v6.0) you will
-->find keypad layouts for most of Oracles development packages
-->for a wide variety of Terminals. Only trouble is this book
-->doesn't come as part of the bundled documentation you get
-->when you buy Oracle. In the UK it cost an extra #50.00 (Sterling).

  (Richard D Holowczak) writes :

> I guess I was not clear enough in my explanation.  Pressing
> F5 on different keyboards will produce different results as you
> pointed out.  However, in SQL*Forms, I can write a trigger
> which responds to "KEY-F5".     Now then, pressing F5 on
> various keyboards produces a function code which does not
> trigger the proper KEY-F5 trigger.   What I need to know is
> the function code for KEY-F5 trigger.
>
> Does that make sense ?   I'm still a bit shaky on how
> the function codes are mapped to escape sequences
> generated by key presses.

Dave Crowson replies :

Yes I understand what you want now, I just thought I'd clarify the situ. '\e[228z' is the F5 key function for sun . What terminal are you using? '\e[229z' is the code for F6
 This is for the IAP or runform Product.

If you want to know the other codes look in

$ORACLE_HOME/crt/admin/<terminal>.sql

That will give you the standard set of escape sequences for each keystroke/termianl/Oracle product.

Note : these are defined for the CRT product which is the predecessor to Oraterm, but the escape sequences are still correct.

---
David Crowson          | "Rude alert! Rude alert! An electrical fire
DBA (ORACLE V.4,5,6,7) | has knocked out my voice-recognition unicycle! Many
Amoco Exploration      | Wurlitzers are missing from my database! Abandon shop!
Ealing, London         | This is not a daffodil! Repeat: This is not a daffodil!"
dcrowson_at_amoco.com     | - Holly (Ship's computer on Red Dwarf)
"My views not Amoex's" |               =%^)