Re: Questions regarding direct path loader

From: Curt Leaist <curtl_at_diamond.zed.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1993 22:06:05 GMT

In article <grimes.749915565_at_access>, grimes_at_access.digex.net (Seth Grimes) writes:
|> I don't know Sybase locking at all well, but I'll venture a question
|> to ask anyway: once you add enough data to the table, wouldn't all the
|> page locks Sybase takes on the data pages you've touched (i.e., all the
|> data you've added and maybe a little more) to a table-level lock?

Sybase (V4.9) will escalate the page locks to a table lock only if you have over 200 pages locked on a single table. I don't know if this changes in Release 10. (Oracle and Informix do not escalate locks.)

Curt Leaist                        |Internet: curtl_at_zed.com
Project Zed                        |UUCP    : ...!uunet!uupsi2!aruba!curtl