? Using OCI with an OOP paradigm???

From: L Boyd <gnat_at_stein3.u.washington.edu>
Date: 5 Oct 1993 22:29:03 GMT

I am writing an interface to an Oracle db running on a UNIX back end. The front-end is for the Macintosh os, and I am using the TCL, version 1.3 (??) (Symantec 6.0).

After some initial frustration, I made a global variable (gLDAStruct) which I am using to control the oracle interactions -- is this the way the pros do it? Is there a better way?

Naturally, I am assuming that there will be only one active login at a time. But that raises another question: where should I put the cursor definitions?

Lauren Received on Tue Oct 05 1993 - 23:29:03 CET

Original text of this message