Re: Audit Trail Experience ?

From: Daniel B. Bikle <dbikle_at_cco.caltech.edu>
Date: 4 Oct 1993 02:43:30 GMT

ywong_at_promis.com (Ying Wong) writes:

>I am very new Oracle user. Prior Oracle I was a Sybase user.
>I saw this audit trail feature in Oracle 7. Is this a
>new feature or it has been out there since Version 6 ?

>What is the quality of this audit trail? Is it refined
>down to a set of transaction ? Is each operation recorded as
>a seperate entity by itself such that the reader has to use his/her
>imagination to link them together ? Any experience or comment with this
>are all welcome.

Ying Wong,

Audit Trail has been around for awhile. I think even v5 might have had it.

I have some nice demos of using Audit Trail in the following section of "Dan's Oracle7 Guide":

        profiles

Also I provide a demo of using a dbs trigger to create an audit trail of transactions in the following section:

        dbs_triggers

Let me know if you want a copy.

-Dan

Daniel B. Bikle