Re: Need help in Unix and Oracle's password!

From: <pcser12_at_ed.petech.ac.za>
Date: 30 Sep 93 08:31:07 GMT

In article <287ohu$481_at_cville-srv.wam.umd.edu> jiun_at_wam.umd.edu (Jiun H. Lai) writes:
>Hi...
>
>Can anyone of you tell me how to use unix password as oracle password when
>I login to unix system so I can get into sqlplus or sqlmenu without typing
>the password twice?
>I think Couple of months ago somebody talk about this I couldn't remember
>what they said.
>
>Thanks in advance.

when creating your Oracle user use the following statment

	GRANT CONNECT TO ops$username
	IDENTIFIED BY passwd;

	(eg : grant connect to ops$darryl identified by test;)

	darryl must be a user defined on your system before you
	try to do this. What then happes is when you log on as that
	user id all you have to do is type " sqlplus / " at your
	prompt and this will log you on to the database.

	Hope this help's

	Darryl de Klerk
	System's Administrator
	Port Elizabeth Technikon