Re: Need help in Unix and Oracle's password!

From: Peter Kesch <kesch_at_kappco.kapp-coburg.de>
Date: 29 Sep 93 14:16:25 GMT

In article <CE29EG.IAL_at_hawnews.watson.ibm.com>, johanh_at_wanderer.ldg.ibm.com (Johan Hellstrom) writes:
|> In <288nab$bpo_at_vega.info.isbiel.ch>, mta_at_info.isbiel.ch (Alfred Martin) writes:
|>
|> >If your username is xxx, make your oracle username OPS$xxx.
|> >I think that should work.
|>
|> ... or to make it more precise <OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX>xxx.
|> OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX is defined in the parameter file and can be shown
|> using show paramters.
|>
|> OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX can also be "" in which case you can use the
|> same username in Oracle as you do in the operating system.
|>
|> Regards
|>
|> /Johan Hellstrom

how do you make the setup for this user???

I think you have to do this:

grant connect to OPS$xxxx identified by dummypassword;

so, how would you set up a user who is already a unix user? of course he should be able to login as an operating system user from unix, but also directly in the oracle system!

both of these should work

isql /
isql user/unixpassword

I've thougth you need two users, the OPS$ one and the normal one.

Am I missing something?

--
Peter Kesch             Kapp & Co                  email:kesch_at_kapp-coburg.de
phone:+49 9561 866376   Callenberger Strasse 52-58