Re: Report Generation

From: Mark Crowder <crowder_at_epcot.spdc.ti.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1993 16:40:08 GMT

In article <1993Sep29.160124.17971_at_spdc.ti.com> crowder_at_epcot.spdc.ti.com (Mark Crowder) writes:
>In article <2846us$1md_at_news.delphi.com> theadlee_at_news.delphi.com (THEADLEE_at_DELPHI.COM) writes:
>>
>>Hello all,
>>
>>Is there anyone out there in Internet land that can recommend some report
>>generation software to me? The requirements are as follows:
>>
>>1. Must be Windows based.
>>2. Must support multiple databases (Xbase, Paradox, Sybase, Ingres,
>> Oracle, ect.) and allow database 'joins' accross the different
>> database formats.
>>3. Must be easy to use.
>>4. The software cannot allow the user to modify the databases.
>>
>>Some of the products I am considering are Powe but it is very

Hmmm, mabe this was garbled by that system message, lemme try again...

You may want to evaluate a product called "Forest and Trees for Windows. It's report writer is not too flashy, but it is very strong in the area of query and integration cababilities from both dos and host-base databases. We use it extensively. It may suit your needs. F&T is now owned by Trinzic Corp. Their phone number is (214)407-0251.

>>FoxFire and R&R Report Writer. If anyone has used these tools or would
>>like to recommend another one, please post your ideas.
>>
>>Todd Headlee
>>email theadlee_at_delphi.com
>>phone (517)371-2558

Regards,

Mark Crowder   crowder_at_spdc.ti.com                     Dallas, TX