Re: Oraperl for V7?

From: Garth Kennedy <garth_at_.comm.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1993 12:19:29 GMT

In article <749195042snz_at_otbbb.demon.co.uk> Marc_at_otbbb.demon.co.uk writes:
>>Has anyone compiled Oraperl for V7? And, if yes, please provide
>>some details.
>
>What does oraperl do??!? :-) ... and could I use it against my v6 dos
>Oracle?
>
>--
>A Bientot
>Marc

Marc,
I just went through this yesterday. I recompiled Oraperl for Oracle Ver 7. Basically the same as v6 EXCEPT !!! The library locations have changed and you should look at reorganizing the libraries per the example proc.mk in the precompiled language directory (I dont remember what it is called.) As Tim B. (?) yesterday Oraperl does not use any Oracle V7 specific calls so it is not as fast as it could be.

I suppose that Oraperl could be compiled and executed on a DOS machine. Look at the FAQs to see what has happened.

| Garth Kennedy       garth_at_comm.mot.com     Voice (708) 576-3786  |
| Private Systems Div. Motorola Inc.           FAX (708) 576-6028  |