Re: Oraperl for V7?

From: David Crowson <zdxc0d_at_amoco.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1993 06:02:21 CDT

In article 749195042snz_at_otbbb.demon.co.uk, Marc_at_otbbb.demon.co.uk (Marc Bowden) writes:
-->>Has anyone compiled Oraperl for V7? And, if yes, please provide
-->>some details.
-->
-->What does oraperl do??!? :-) ... and could I use it against my v6 dos
-->Oracle?
-->
-->--
-->A Bientot
-->Marc

Oraperl is an extension of the Perl programming Language (Larry Wall) Yes it runs for Oracle 6 as we have written a script to do our hot backups The code is ONE A4 piece in size and will generically backup each instance TS by TS. By generic I mean if we add the SID to one line in the code then it will handle that instance automatically. (This replaced the same thing in csh which was about 6 A4 pages long!!)
Currently It will do about 15 Gb in 3.5-4 Hours.

Excellent Language ..I would recommend it to all DBA's =%^)

---
David Crowson          | "Rude alert! Rude alert! An electrical fire
DBA (ORACLE V.4,5,6,7) | has knocked out my voice-recognition unicycle! Many
Amoco Exploration      | Wurlitzers are missing from my database! Abandon shop!
Ealing, London         | This is not a daffodil! Repeat: This is not a daffodil!"
dcrowson_at_amoco.com     | - Holly (Ship's computer on Red Dwarf)
"My views not Amoex's" |               =%^)