Re: ORACLE Auto Start On ALPHA Boot

From: Sauli Harala <sh_at_rixrax.fno.dec.com>
Date: 28 Sep 1993 13:18:55 GMT

> I am attempting to startup ORACLE automatically on an APLHA upon bootup.

> I initially edited the SYS$COMMON:[SYSMGR]SYSTARTUP_VMS.COM Site Specific
> startup file, placing the following commands at the end of the file:

>	$ _at_SYS$COMMON:[ORACLE.UTIL]orauser
>	$ insoracle
>	$ inscrtl
>	$ _at_SYS$COMMON:[ORACLE.DB_MSG_DATA]startup_exclusive_msg_data

One common way to start processes under other user account in system startup is to submit a DCL -command procedure under an account e.g

$ SUBMIT/USER=ORACLE SYS$COMMON:[ORACLE]my_own_oracle_startup.com

I am not such familiar with VMS and Oracle to know why your system account cannot execute the startup during system startup. Note that VMS -privileges are dynamic and they may be changed by command procedures. Also dynamic UAF -identifiers may be set and removed.

--
sh

alias
Sauli Harala