Re: Exporting ascii files

From: Ray Chance <rchance_at_netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1993 17:08:34 GMT

Serge Taylor (st0u+_at_andrew.cmu.edu) wrote:
: I'm new to Oracle and may have missed something
: in the documentation of the Export facility, but I cannot
: figure out how to export data from a table in ascii format

I believe the data put in an export file is really really only intended for use in an import...

: (rather than oracle binary), with control over the kind of
: deliminter between fields (blank space is preferred).
: I need a file with only the data, one row per line, in ascii,
: separated by a space.

You need to create a report (using SQL*Plus would be my recommendation) and you can have complete control over the output format/layout...

: Is there some easy way to do this?

I'd give it a 4 on a scale of 1-10 in difficulty

: Thanks,
: Serge Taylor

: (I'm using oracle v.6 on a sparcstation)