Re: How do you Export single applications in Oracle*CASE ?

From: Willy Klotz <willyk_at_kbigate.stgt.sub.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 93 02:25:15 GMT

holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu writes in article <Sep.22.14.39.46.1993.23802_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu>:

> After a few weeks, they decided they would like to use our APP
> application as well so I exported JUST THE APP aaplication.
> When I imported this into their CASE*Dictionary, I ended up with
> a new application called 01MAIN along with APP and the original MAIN.
> It seems that since I exported just the APP application, and it had
> references back to MAIN, the Case tool created a substitute application
> called 01MAIN (which is Frozen BTW), to take along for the ride.
> Now, on their machine, the APP application has references back
> to the 01MAIN application, not back to the MAIN application. Changes
> made to MAIN will not affect their APP application.

If the MAIN applications was not touched, why dont export both applications in one run ?

When beginning with ORACLE CASE, I decided to work with several projects and share the common references in a "master" project. After 2 months of working, I discovered that this was a bad idea - switching between projects, sharing entities and references....

I integrated all in one (fairly large) project - and am happy with this kind of setup.

Willy Klotz

Willys Mail     FidoNet   2:2407/46    Mail Only System
                CIS: 100020,3517       USR Courier HST dual standard
                willyk_at_kbigate.stgt.sub.org
                ->   No Request from 06.00 to 08.00 <-