Re: Sql Forms Help

From: craig sivils <casivils_at_blkbox.com>
Date: 26 Sep 93 05:50:17 GMT

In <1993Sep17.094532.175_at_emuvax.emich.edu> ori645577316_at_emuvax.emich.edu writes:

>Hello Oracle Users,

> I am new to Oracle atmosphere. I have recently started working on it.
> I am using Oracle 6.0.I was trying to execute packaged functions from
> triggers but it gives frm-40733 Pl/SQL error- Internal Forms Error. Even
> though the manual says we can use packaged functions in triggers I am getting
> errors. The manual does give any solution to this type of error other than
> to contact DBA.

Not much to go on, but I can guess. Quite often internal forms errors occur when the wrong value or wrong type of value was passed to a packaged procedure. For example, switching parameters in a call to a function, passing a null value, putting the colon in front of a block or field name that is passed in as a parameter. Hope it helps.

> Also I wanted to know how do we navigate to the form level with validation.
> This is in reference to GO_BLOCK trigger in sqlforms.
"Navigate to form level" is used to imply that forms leaves the block that your in, it kinda means it goes to nowhere. The reason for this is so that it will fire all the post-(field/record/block) triggers on the way to nowhere. This kind of navigation is done by three commands that I know of, enter, post and commit.

                               Craig