Re: Why can't I get Oracle to work on OS/2 2.1?

From: Willy Klotz <willyk_at_kbigate.stgt.sub.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 93 23:04:18 GMT

ak730_at_yfn.ysu.edu writes in article <27kkga$e42_at_news.ysu.edu>:

> I have been trying to get Oracle 6 for OS/2 to work under
> my machine running OS/2 2.1 for some time now. If I attempt
> to start the database under an OS/2 session under the WPS
> I continually get an "Unable to process operating system
> parameters" error (LCC-????? error which I cannot recall
> specifically). The only way I have been able to get the database
> up is by using CMD.EXE as the protected shell. Even then, I
> cannot get SQL*Forms 3 to work.
>
> What is the deal here? Does Oracle have a completely different
> version of their software for OS/2 2.1? The same software works
> fine under OS/2 1.3!

You need a different Oracle RDBMS for working with OS/2 2.x. The database engine for OS/2 V1 and OS/2 V2 is different, and you cannot get the RDBMS for 1.3 working under 2.x.

Willy

Willys Mail     FidoNet   2:2407/46    Mail Only System
                CIS: 100020,3517       USR Courier HST dual standard
                willyk_at_kbigate.stgt.sub.org
                ->   No Request from 06.00 to 08.00 <-