Re: Terminate Users!!

From: Jim Kramer <kramer_at_ash.sps.mot.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1993 01:05:32 GMT

Shutdown immediate isn't that big a deal if you do a normal startup right away to post the redo logs. Then you can do a normal shutdown after that. I do this from a SQL script. Of course, killing the user processes from Unix is alot better way to do it and I copied Chris' shell script "for future reference". :)

kramer_at_cs1.sps.mot.com                   |  When I was a dinosaur
Jim Kramer                               |  I thought I was so cool
Motorola Compound Semiconductor - 1      |  Future fossil fuel
2100 E. Elliot Rd.  M/D EL609            |  That's all I ever was
Tempe, Arizona  85284  USA               |
(602)897-3051                            |  - Trout Fishing in America