Re: Terminate Users!!

From: mike sullivan <sullivan_at_sytex.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1993 22:02:03 GMT

> Why go to the trouble of completely shutting down the database? On our VMS
> platform I have a script (originally written by David Sidwell - Oracle VMS
> World Wide Support) that selects the list of current Oracle user processes
> from V$PROCESS, places them in an OS script which kills them. Oracle
> Support has always advised me than anything other than a "shutdown normal"
> may have undesirable effects and should only be used in emergency situations.
>
> I could translate this script for use on the UNIX platform, or send it
> to anyone who is interested. Let me know if you want it.
>
> --
> Chris Little, Programmer/DBA Computing & Data Services
I'd be interested in what your script looks like. I am using Interactive Unix and am interested in how to limit users amount of time on the database and think this kind of script will give me ideas. If you could post it or email it to me directly I'd appreciate it.

Mike Sullivan
sullivan_at_sytex.com

---
sullivan_at_sytex.com (mike sullivan)
Access <=> Internet BBS, a public access internet site
Sytex Communications, Arlington VA, 1-703-528-4380