Using Forms for List Field Values (SQL*Forms 2.3)

From: Soo K. Lee <skl1_at_Ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: 23 Sep 93 20:43:48 GMT

Hi there,
I am working on SQL*Forms 2.3.

It might be a simple problem but I am stuck right now. If somebody can give me some idea, it will be great. Here is my problem.

I have a field of a master form called "MASTER" which has KEY-LISTVAL trigger. This trigger calls a form called "LIST" using CALLQRY. When the form LIST executes a query, it lists multi-rowed information.

I want this form to list only the rows which are up-to-dated. I can determine by an indicator field "IND" in the form LIST. If the field IND is NULL then this is the one I want. I could get only these rows by using a block level POST-QUERY trigger. However...

Here, I get into troubles.
I cannot call this form using CALLQRY in MASTER anymore. I could use CALL but I don't want users to update any information through the form LIST.

Querying on the field IND becomes meaningless since I used the POST-QUERY trigger.

I want users to be able to query on the field IND so that they can see what have been changed. And also I want to let them see only up-to-dated information when they query on any field other than IND field.

any idea?

Soo Kyoung Lee
e-mail: ra.msstate.edu   Received on Thu Sep 23 1993 - 22:43:48 CEST

Original text of this message