Users of PL/SQL tables?

From: Seth Grimes <grimes_at_access.digex.net>
Date: 22 Sep 1993 03:19:34 -0400

Anyone out there using PL/SQL tables? If so, I'd love to hear about it. I can't try it out myself because PL/SQL didn't install right (why does Oracle allow buggy installers out the door?) and I don't have a manual, but the ability to simulate an array in PL/SQL is attractive even if PL/SQL variables are limited to 32k. I wonder if it's possible to retrieve a Blob into a PL/SQL table and then write the resulting array to a "normal" table where each array element is stored in a separate row?

Since people who are reading this are interested in PL/SQL -- is any change foreseen in the need to compile all PL/SQL and touched DB objects, except in package bodies, which currently makes things more painful for developers?

                                        Seth Received on Wed Sep 22 1993 - 09:19:34 CEST

Original text of this message