SQL*Net, Token Ring, & VM/ESA

From: Mike Oswald <moswald_at_cwis.unomaha.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1993 04:21:58 GMT

SQL*Net seems to be showing up in a number of posts lately but I have ignored them knowing that we were not moving to FoRMs 4 and other GUI tools for another 2 years (due to other priorities).

*BUT* a co-worker posed a question that I couldn't answer ...

Knowing that SQL*Net is DLLable under Windows ... would we be able to use an ODBC (?) software to develop screens, do queries, PL/SQL & SQL stuff, etc. over a Token Ring based network? The Oracle RDBMS resides on an IBM mainframe, VM/ESA. Which ODBC packages work and which ones would you use or stay away from?

Thanks ...

Mike Oswald                        _               o
Univ. Of NE Medical Center       ___\o_    __o    <|\
Computing Services/Telecomm      ~~~~~~  _ \<_     \
600 S. 42nd ST.                         (_)/(_)    /
Omaha NE 69198-5030 Received on Wed Sep 22 1993 - 06:21:58 CEST

Original text of this message