Re: KEY-PRVFLD problem

From: <champs_at_cnb07v.hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 22 Sep 93 09:08:14 +1000

In article <1993Sep20.112052.831_at_vaxsar.vassar.edu>, biwine_at_vaxsar.vassar.edu writes:
> A friend of mine who does not have Internet access is having a
> problem with SQL*Forms 3.0, Oracle 6.0 on VMS. I don't have the
> exact version numbers.
>
> She has several base-table fields in a block. When a field is
> modified, and KEY-PRVFLD pressed, the on-validate-field and
> post-change triggers do NOT fire, but the cursor moves to the
> previous field. The triggers DO fire when KEY-NXTFLD is pressed.
>
> Has anyone seen this behavior before?

Yes. If you use the ENTER packaged procedure in a KEY-PRVFLD trigger followed by PREVIOUS_FIELD you will force ON-VALIDATE-FIELD to fire (and should fire POST-CHANGE as well) and still get to the previous field.

Hope this helps
Steven.

> Thanks for your help.
>
> Bill Wine
> Vassar College
> biwine_at_vassar.edu

    /\       Steven Champness (champs_at_cnb07v.hhcs.gov.au)
   /  \      Dept of Health, Housing, Local Govt and Community Services
  /    \     Brisbane, Queensland via Canberra, Australia
 /      \

/ / \ The opinions expressed above were forcibly implanted in my head \ / / / by aliens from Alpha Zeltex 4, during a recent Invasion attempt.  \/ / / /
  \/ / /     MACINTOSH      : If you need a manual to operate it, it wasn't
   \/ /      SOFTWARE AXIOM : designed properly in the first place !!!!