a loader riddle

From: Elliot B Dierksen <ebd_at_fang.att.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1993 14:35:25 GMT

I have a loader dilemma, and I am searching for ideas. I have a massive dump file from a FOCUS (hierarchal, Yuch!) database that I need to load into Oracle. The table is sorted in the order I need. The problem is that it needs to be inserted into 7 different tables and the data from all the parent records duplicated. To use a 3 table example, TABA has 1-many children in TABB and TABB has 1-many children in TABC. If you select from TABA, TABB, TABC with all the appropriate joins, you will see the TABA records in the output for each TABB & TABC record. Is there any way I can tell loader to ignore the dups instead of barfing on them as errors? Drop me some mail if my example is not very clear... :-)

Thanx,

EBD

--
Elliot Dierksen             "Think for yourself and feel the walls become
                             sand beneath your feet"  --  Queensryche

W) e.dierksen_at_att.com (407) 363-4250    H) elliot_at_alfred.oau.org (407) 290-9744