Re: Explicit Cursors

From: Ian Parkin <iparkin_at_iris.bt.co.uk>
Date: 17 Sep 93 08:10:50 GMT

In article 28169_at_news.duc.auburn.edu, msjones_at_eng.auburn.edu (Mary Susan Jones) writes:
> I have been trying to use a cursor for a multirow query in an sqlforms30 Procedure block. The cursor doesnt return any rows even though I know it should. What
>might be causing this?

Amongst others :-

1 ) No Data to be returned - Check <cursor>%FOUND, etc

2 ) Incorrect cursor - Cut into Plus and run, correct OPEN/FETCH/CLOSE cycle

3 ) Logic error - You are executing the block of code with the cursor in.

4 ) Accessing correct tables - Local table(s), synonyms, grants, etc

5 ) Correct form - Form generated OK and you are running the .frm you have

        just generated.

6 ) Code as SELECT see if get TOO_MANY_ROWS - this will ensure you are hitting the

        code and the SELECT is kosher.

Basically I would start with running the cursor as a select within plus as the *same* user that you are running the form as.

IAP Received on Fri Sep 17 1993 - 10:10:50 CEST

Original text of this message