Re: Oracle7 and OSF/1

From: <marks_at_pluto.logica.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1993 13:35:01 GMT

In article <2759ra$j3j_at_c3po.jvnc.net>, crossm_at_pt.Cyanamid.COM (Martin Cross) writes:

>Has anybody heard when Oracle plans on getting SQL*Menu/Forms to production
>for OSF/1? As a matter of fact, I'ld be much obliged for any information
>regarding ORACLE7 and OSF/1. My sales reps are clueless.

I've been using O7 with OSF/1 for six months now, starting with a pre-developers release and now using the developers release. We have been given a pre-release copy which has 'certified, limited production' versions of the RDBMS (7.0.12.2.0), Pro*C, SQL*Plus and SQL*ReportWriter. This however, does not install correctly as the server always core dumps with an illegal instruction. After many days of talking to Oracle support I gave up and went back to our original developers release (which works!).

Here in the UK they expect to have the full production release towards the end of October. In the past, things have been released one to two months earlier in the States...

Beware, The developers release is greedy, requiring about 600Mb of disc space. While installing the limited production release, the installation ran out of disc space when there was only 800Mb free on the disc...

Mark. Received on Fri Sep 17 1993 - 15:35:01 CEST

Original text of this message