Re: pipe error: Broken pipe ????

From: Colonel Panic <aland_at_informix.com>
Date: 17 Sep 93 04:06:54 GMT

In article <CD3xs2.9GH_at_sugar.NeoSoft.COM> astaff_at_NeoSoft.com (Administaff) writes:
>AAAGGGHH!!
>Does anyone know the source of (or anything about)
>an INFORMIX runtime error that has been troubling me lately??
>this error is:
> " pipe write error: Broken pipe ".
>This 'pipe' error seems to kill the process that created the error, and
>then kills ANY related processes.

It's probably happening the other way around -- the process is probably dying first, and *that's* what breaks the pipe.

--
Alan Denney      aland_at_informix.com      {pyramid|uunet}!infmx!aland

'I bought a box of animal crackers.  It said, "Do not eat if seal is
 broken."  Sure enough...'                     -- Bryant Kiely