Re: Oracle 5.1C and Toshiba 4600C Notebook

From: Richard D Holowczak <holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Date: 14 Sep 93 20:39:00 GMT

gasmith_at_oasys.dt.navy.mil (George A. Smith) writes:

> I am having a problem running Oracle 5.1C (yes, I have the newer
>version of Oracle V6.0) on a Toshiba 4600C notebook. The software will
>not load into protective memory and I get a protection code "0D" (13) error.
>Memory manager QEMM 6.0 is used. Toshiba's version of DOS Memory Manager does
>not work. All Windows software works fine with either memory manager.

> These versions of Oracle and QEMM run fine on several 386 and 486
>desktop PCs of several different brands. Any help is appreciated.

  What's your MACHINE_TYPE ?? It's in the CONFIG.ORA.   If you're using QEMM, I think there is a MACHINE_TYPE for that.   These laptops are wierd beasts. I've had other problems of this   sort with 'em.

  To change the machine type, I think the command is MACHTYPE   or seomthing like that.

   Hope that helps .

Rich Holowczak
Rutgers University
holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu Received on Tue Sep 14 1993 - 22:39:00 CEST

Original text of this message