Re: ORA-09872

From: David Crowson <zdxc0d_at_amoco.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1993 06:07:14 CDT

In article 4in_at_nermal.cs.uoguelph.ca, showie_at_uoguelph.ca (Steve Howie) writes:
-->
-->Anyone know what this message means? I get it trying to start up an
-->instance of a V7 database. Since Oracle saw fit to put the explanation of
-->this message in a manual I don't have ("Please refer to .. blah blah"),
-->could someone explain it to me? I think it refers to the Oracle Server
-->for Unix Error Messages and Codes manual.

Try checking your ORACLE_SID enviroment variable.

---
David Crowson          | "Rude alert! Rude alert! An electrical fire
DBA (ORACLE V.4,5,6,7) | has knocked out my voice-recognition unicycle! Many
Amoco Exploration      | Wurlitzers are missing from my database! Abandon shop!
Ealing, London         | This is not a daffodil! Repeat: This is not a daffodil!"
dcrowson_at_amoco.com     | - Holly (Ship's computer on Red Dwarf)
"My views not Amoex's" |               =%^)