Reading RAW oracle data files

From: Ian Leonard <leonardi_at_DIALix.oz.au>
Date: 10 Sep 1993 12:41:52 +0800

I don't know if this can be done, but just maybe. We have a corrupt oracle database on a VMS machine. One of the data files has been lost and this data file contained the system area. Hence, the database will no longer mount due to verification check failed.

We still have most of the system tables in other data files. We want to get some data out of the system tables (ReportWriter data).

Is there any way to do this assuming that we cannot mount the database. We would need to read the data files as if they were just plain RMS files. Perhaps someone at Oracle Development has a utility for doing this ?

Info : Oracle version 6.0.33.0.0
VMS Version : V5.4-3

There is no export or backup. This was considered non-important data and it was advertised that is was not being backed up. It was to be used for testing applications after new version were developed (Thats a little way of explaining why we don't have a backup.)

Any help greatly appreciated.
Please mail to me and I will summarise if there is any info. Ian Leonard
leonardi_at_DIALix.oz.au Received on Fri Sep 10 1993 - 06:41:52 CEST

Original text of this message