Re: ORA-09872

From: <dly_at_vms.macc.wisc.edu>
Date: 9 SEP 93 14:59:16

In article <26ng2d$4in_at_nermal.cs.uoguelph.ca>, showie_at_uoguelph.ca (Steve Howie) writes...

>Steve Howie (showie_at_uoguelph.ca) wrote:
>
>: Anyone know what this message means? I get it trying to start up an
>: instance of a V7 database. Since Oracle saw fit to put the explanation of
>: this message in a manual I don't have ("Please refer to .. blah blah"),
>: could someone explain it to me? I think it refers to the Oracle Server
>: for Unix Error Messages and Codes manual.

>: Thanx,
>
>Sorry, that message should have been ORA-09782

I use oracle 7.0.12, on SUN OS 4.1.3

On my system when I do the following command: oerr ORA 09782

This message prints:
09782, 00000, "sfifi: another instance has the same database mounted.:

// *Cause:  In non-shared disk systems, database cannot be mounted shared.
// *Action: Shutdown the other oracle instance and try again.  The name
//          of the other instance was dumped to the trace file.

Hope this helps,
Debbie Yoshihara Received on Thu Sep 09 1993 - 14:59:16 CEST

Original text of this message