Oracle Books

From: Daniel Looby <iasysdl_at_prism.gatech.EDU>
Date: 8 Sep 93 16:58:24 GMT

Since there have been a number of requests lately for Oracle Books (and some mis-information) I checked with Oxford Books in Atlanta, Georgia about what books are available: They have provided the following list of Oracle Books in print:

    Title: Oracle 7, The Complete Reference
   Author: Koch, Muller
Publisher: Osborne, McGraw Hill
Year Pub.: 1993

(Oracle, The Complete Reference covered Versions 5 & 6. Mr. Koch is now a
Senior Vice President of Oracle Corp. The new edition has Oracle 7 updates by Robert Muller, Engineering Manager at Symantec Corp.)

    Title: Oracle Data Processing
   Author: Seibert
Publisher: McGraw Hill
Year Pub.: 1993

    Title: Oracle SQL Developers' Guide
   Author: Hursch

Publisher: McGraw Hill
Year Pub.: 1991
    Title: Oracle: A Database Developers' Guide
   Author: Rogers
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Year Pub.: 1991

    Title: Relational Database Management with Oracle (2nd Edition)
   Author: Rolland

Publisher: Addison Wesley
Year Pub.: 1992
    Title: Using the Oracle Toolset
   Author: Krohn
Publisher: Addison Wesley
Year Pub.: 1993

    Title: Rapid Development with Oracle CASE
   Author: Billings

Publisher: Addison Wesley
Year Pub.: 1993 (August)
    Title: Oracle Case: Method Function & Processing Modelling
   Author: Baker
Publisher: Addison Wesley
Year Pub.: 1992 (November)

    Title: SQL Guide for Oracle
   Author: Van der Lans

Publisher: Addison Wesley
Year Pub.: 1992 (January)

(Covers 6.0 with many examples and exercises.)

I have also heard about the following book:

    Title: Oracle: Forms Developer's Companion
   Author: Muench, Yang and Adams
Publisher: Maverick Publications (Belmont, CA 94002-0635 Phone 415-345-9144)
Year Pub.: 1993 (around August).

Steve Muench will be giving several presentations on Forms 4.0 at the IOUW in Orlando, FL at the end of this month. Maybe a preview of what is in the book.

--
Daniel Looby                    Members of the Bathroom Reader's Institute sit
631 Cherry Street NW              firmly for what they believe in!